Processing Take Inventory from Import
Once you have imported a inventory file, the results will display within the SKU Editing window
The information should be checked for accuracy and date.
Please spot check the following items:
1. Department- check for accuracy and fix any items that are NOT SETUP or UNUSED. Use the Groupby field to identify if you have any of these items.
Select Department for the Groupby method, then click the + sign to collapse the information
If you have not setup items, they will need to be updated. To update the department, click the action button at the top of the page and select Modify Retail & Attributes link
The item listing page will open to display only items in this inventory.
Sort the Sub-Dept column to group the Not Setup items
Then, click the Edit button
The fields will open for you to enter item information
- Enter the Name of Item
- Select Sub Dept.
- Click Save
Then use the Back Arrow at the top of the page to return to the inventory
2. Take QTY- Review the QTY TAKEN and look for any amounts that appear to be irregular or large. Use the Groupby Field to select QTY Taken and click the + sign to collapse the information.
Scroll to the bottom of the list and look for any amounts that appear incorrect.
If you need to make a change, click the + sign to expand the dept, Then, click in the Qty Taken field to fix/update the stock number.
3. Recon Date- Make sure the Recon Date at the top of the page is correct. Click in the field to adjust the data, if needed.
*Note- If using Realtime inventory, then the Recon Date must be the day prior to inventory date, so sales can be considered.
In this example, the recon date is 1/28 because our inventory counts were done in the afternoon of 1/29. We need to consider the sales that were done between 1/28 and the timestamped count of each item.
4. Full Inventory– Select each department that is a FULL department inventory, meaning everything in the department was counted. Only departments included in the inventory will be displayed.
If selected, the system is designed to zero out any stock levels for items in that department that were not included in the take. This is also referred to as ‘resetting’ the department.
*If you select Full Inventory for All Depts, then the system will zero out stock levels for any item in the store not counted
5. Add Item– If you need to add items to the inventory file manually, enter the UPC in this field and it will be added to items below
Click the Save button when changes are complete
If at any time you need to research an item before finalizing the inventory, right click on any item and select Inventory History. This will show all activity for the item selected
PROCESSING THE INVENTORY
Once all of the above items have been addressed, the Inventory is ready for processing. There are 3 steps to complete
1. Sold Today– If collecting Realtime data with S2K, the system will import the current days sales using the inventory timestamp. Using transaction level data from the pos to reconcile inventory, the Series2K system is able to show more accurate inventory results. *Note, if you do not subscribe to Realtime, then you will not use this field and will skip this step.
To update the Sold Today information, click the action button at the top of the page and select Load Qty Sold Before Taken link
The Sold Today field will update with sales information
Click the Save button to complete adjustment
2. Adjustment– Once the information is saved, the adjustment data will update
- QTY Taken- stock value counted during audit
- Stock on Hand- current stock available
- Adjustment- difference between qty taken and prior in stock value (positive or negative)
- Cost- the current cost for individual item
- Adjustment at Cost- dollar value of the adjustment at cost
- Option to show Take Qty at Cost- dollar value of Take Qty at Cost
- Group By- Group information on the screen in various ways using options from dropdown
- Expand/Collapse grouped information
- Search- search for a specific item in current inventory count
- Export- export file to CSV or XLXS file
3. Take Inventory Report– Once inventory adjustment is complete, your final step is to review the Take Inventory Report.
Click the action button at the top of the page and select View Take Inventory Report
The report will display
- UPC Number
- Description for Item
- Full Take- True or False
- Qty in Stock- In stock value prior to audit
- Take Qty- Amount counted in audit
- Diff- The difference between Qty in Stock and Take Qty amount
- Cost- The cost for individual item
- Total Cost- Total cost of Take Qty
- Cost Diff- Total difference amount at cost
- Retail- The retail for individual item
- Total Retail- Total retail of Take Qty
- Retail Diff- total difference amount at retail
- Total lines for cost and retail
If you need to Expand the department information for a detailed view by item, click the Search icon and select View Type- Expand All
The report will update to show expanded detail. Print or export, as needed.