Applying Item Exceptions to Individual Items
To apply and exception to any item:
- Open Product Catalog from the Navigation Panel.
- Locate the item you want to change and click on it to open the Product Editing screen for the item.
- At the bottom of the Product Editing screen, locate the “Item Exceptions” field and click the drop down menu.
By default, all tax zones inherit taxability, blue laws, and EBT from the department. To create an exception, uncheck the box under Inherit under the tax zone you wish to update. This will display check boxes and auto-populate them with the current department values:
4. Make changes by checking and/or unchecking these boxes as
needed; only if the item does NOT follow the default department
settings. Otherwise leave INHERIT box checked and the system will
use the default settings for the item. (Please note that if you want to
remove all flags from the item, you would leave ALL BOXES
5. When done click OK. The Item Exceptions field will now show a
count of exceptions for the product:
6. Click “Save” at the top of the Product Editing screen to save the
7. Publish the item from Pending Pricebook Changes.
Note: When an item’s exceptions change and are saved, an entry in Pending Pricebook Changes is created for that item for each site in the database, whether or not the exception for that site has changed or not. In other words, the scope of the changes made to the item exception is not taken into account. This is in line with all other changes made to local attributes. While this means that the items may be sent to a site without any changes there is no harm in doing so.