How to access and use Daily Books
Daily Books will display detailed information from the end of day (EOD) report processed by the location’s point of sale (POS) system consisting of fuel sales, c-store sales, receipts, and fuel inventory.
The Daily Books page can be found in the Navigation Bar under the Sales section, click the Retail Sales dropdown menu and select the Daily Books link to access Daily Reconciliation.
When you open Daily Books, a search window will appear.
Using the search tool, specify a date or date range and store(s) of sales information provided by the POS to review or manage.
- Search icon in the title bar available to change daily book date or store view.
- Start date and end date (Required). Use the same start/end date to view and manage 1 sales day. Use a range between the start/end to view a summary of multiple sales days at a time.
- Select a store to manage the daily book day or multiple store to view the summary of the daily book days.
- Click to process the search filters selected.
The Daily Books window will open and display a summary of the sales detail based on the filters applied in the search tool.
NAVIGATING THE DAILY BOOKS HEADER TOOL BARS
The Title Bar – Located at the top of the page this is where you can jump to reports and find tools necessary to reconcile the day.
Let’s take a closer look at the Title Bar on the Daily Recon Page:
- Reports- Use this to quickly search and open a Report in Prime, this is the same function as on previous pages.
- Action Button- Gives you access to export the information to Excel, Print, and Approve/Un-approve the day.
- Search- Use this to choose new search criteria for the Daily Recon page.
- Refresh- Use this to Refresh the page information
- Date and location – Sales data will be displayed for the date and location you see here.
- Delete selected day – Sales data will be deleted from the selected day.
- Create new day – A blank day will be created to enter data manually.
- Select day – Choose individual day from the specified date range.
- Attachments – Upload or view attachments.
- Accounts payable – Apply details for cash payouts performed at the POS for vendors/suppliers.
- Accounts receivable – Apply details for pay-ins, house accounts, local accounts, etc. for account/customer charges.
- Audit trail – See recent user activity.