To set the PROMOTION RULES, click the next tab in line called Promotion Rules. You can see this name by hovering the mouse over the icon.
Next, click the “+” icon next to “No Rules. Please click button to add a rule” to display a list of available rules:
Weekday Rule (Do not use with a TPR): This is to choose day(s) of the week that qualify the promo. You can choose 1-6 days of the week.
Date Range Rule: This is to choose a start and end date of the promo. Click the Calendar symbol to choose a DATE and the clock symbol to edit the time, otherwise the time will default to 00:00:00 on the start date and 23:59:59 on the end date. You can also click in the field and edit the time. NOTE: POS only uses hour and minute, it will ignore the seconds.
Hourly Range Rule: (Do not use with a TPR): Sets specified times promotion can run, i.e. happy hour promotions.
Product Mix Match Rule: Sets up the list of items in a mix and match (single item list) promotion.
Enter the criteria for each section called out below by clicking on the section and making your selection. Make sure to click the check mark to save your selection.
- Choose how many of the item(s) need to be purchased to qualify for the promo
- Choose if ANY ITEM or EACH INDIVIDUAL ITEM qualify for the discount.
- If selecting individual SKUs, select PRODUCTS. Or if you choose CUSTOM GROUPS to use SKUs that have been setup in a CUSTOM GROUP.
- Based on your selection in #3, enter the SKU # or the SKU Description in the “Products” or “Custom Group” field:
For information about adding items to item lists, see the Adding Products to Item Lists section.
Product Combo Rule: This is to choose items from different lists that have to be purchased in the same transaction to qualify for the promo. Using the Qty field enter the number of each item that must be purchased for the promotion.
In the sample below you can see that the customer must purchase 2 hot dogs, 1 large fountain, and 1 Sun chip to get the promotion.
Promotion Rules can also be combined to create more complex promotions. In the example below we have created a promotion that runs for the month of January from 5-7AM each Friday for coffee products :
- Date Range = 1/1/2019 to 1/31/2019
- Weekday Rule = Friday
- Hourly Range Rule = 5:00 AM to 7:00 AM
- Product Mix Match Rule = Coffee Products